HOW. S.S.I. PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Which categories of personal data does S.S.I. and how are they treated?
S.S.I. collects the personal data of employees, candidates, customers, suppliers, professional contacts, shareholders and users of the website. If the data we collect are not listed in this privacy statement, we will provide interested parties (where required by law) with an adequate communication of what other data will be collected and how they will be used.
Except for some information required by law, your decision to provide personal data to S.S.I. it is voluntary. You will therefore not be subject to negative consequences if you do not wish to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not provide certain information, we will not be able to accomplish some or all of the purposes indicated in this privacy statement and we may not be able to use certain tools and systems that require the use of such personal data.
If provided to S.S.I. personal data of another person (for example, a potential employee / contact person), you will be responsible for ensuring that this person is aware of the information contained in this privacy statement and that you have given consent for sharing information with S.S.I ..
The aforementioned categories of personal data were obtained directly from you (for example, when you provide information to subscribe to a newsletter or register to comment on a forum) or indirectly by certain third parties (for example, through the technology of our website ). These third parties include our affiliates, public authorities, public websites, social media and suppliers.
For what purposes and on what legal basis do we use your personal data?
S.S.I. use your personal data only if requested for specific purposes. Click here for (i) a list of purposes for which S.S.I. uses the users’ personal data and (ii) an overview of the legal basis of each purpose.
At the point where the previous table shows that S.S.I. uses legitimate interests for a given purpose, we believe that our legitimate interests are not second to the interests, rights or freedoms of users, in consideration of (i) the transparency we provide in relation to the processing activity, (II) of the approach to protection from the design, (iii) of the revisions regarding the protection of personal data that we carry out at regular intervals and (iv) of your rights regarding the processing activity. Contact us for more information on this comparative approach.
S.S.I. will use your personal data for the purposes mentioned above on the basis of your prior consent, to the extent that such consent is required pursuant to applicable laws.
S.S.I. will not use your personal data for purposes incompatible with the purposes for which you have been informed, unless such use is required or authorized by law, or is in your vital interest (for example in the case of a medical emergency).
S.S.I. Do you share your personal data with third parties?
We may transfer personal data to our service providers, consultants, public and governmental authorities or third parties connected to a (potential) business or commercial transaction. These subjects may reside in other countries. Before doing so, we will take measures to ensure that personal data is adequately protected, as required by the relevant laws and internal policies of S.S.I ..
Unless otherwise communicated, transfers of personal data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to third parties established outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or will be governed by standard contractual clauses (a copy of which may be obtained through the contact information below: Any other external transfer to the EEA will take place in accordance with the appropriate mechanisms and standards governing international data movements.
What are sensitive data?
In general S.S.I. try not to collect sensitive data (also known as special categories of personal data) through this site or otherwise. In the rare cases in which we will try to do so, this will be in accordance with the requirements of the law on the protection of data privacy and / or we will ask for your consent.
The expression “sensitive data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by the laws on the confidentiality of data that impose special treatment and, in some circumstances, the need to obtain explicit consent. These categories include ethnic or racial origin, political, religious, philosophical or other opinions, union membership, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, life or sexual orientation or criminal record (including information on suspected criminal activities).
What is data security?
S.S.I. has put in place measures for physical, technical and organizational security regarding all the personal data in its possession. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guides to manage these measures, taking into consideration the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing to which they are subjected.
To protect your personal data we adopt market-leading security measures. S.S.I. has ISO 27001 certification which indicates the adhesion by S.S.I. to the highest and strictest standards of information security. This is a safety standard awarded by the British Standards Institution (“BSI”) which serves as an international certification regarding the fact that S.S.I. adopts the highest and strictest standards. This certification is the only international standard that can be verified and that defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (“ISMS”). It also confirms that the processes and security controls selected by S.S.I. they provide an effective structure for protecting customers and their information.
Regarding the use of our websites, it should be emphasized that the nature of the Internet is such that personal information and data can be freely present on networks that connect users to our systems without security measures, and can be accessed and accessed. usable by people other than those to whom the data are intended.
For how long S.S.I. will you keep your personal data?
S.S.I. will only store your personal data for as long as necessary. We adopt specific policies and procedures for the management and storage of information, so that personal data is deleted after a reasonable time based on the following conservation criteria:
- We keep your data until a relationship with you is in progress (in particular, where you have an S.S.I. account).
- We will retain your data only as long as your account remains active or for as long as necessary to provide you with services.
- We keep your data for the time necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
What are your rights in relation to the processing of personal data?
It is your right (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions established by the applicable law) to:
- Request access to your personal data processed by S.S.I .: this right authorizes you to know if we have personal data about you and, in this case, to obtain information about it, as well as a copy of such personal data.
- Request a correction of your personal data: this right allows you to have your personal data corrected in case they are inaccurate or incomplete.
Oppose the processing of your personal data: this right authorizes you to request that S.S.I. no longer treat your personal data.
- Request the deletion of your personal data: this right authorizes you to request the deletion of your personal data, even where such data is no longer necessary to achieve the intended purposes.
- Request the limitation of the processing of personal data: this right authorizes you to request that S.S.I. treat your personal data only in certain circumstances, as well as with your consent.
- Request the portability of personal data: this right allows you to receive a copy (in a structured format, commonly used and readable by the computer) of the personal data supplied by you to S.S.I., or to request to S.S.I. to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time by contacting S.S.I. to the Contact address. This right will not affect the right of S.S.I. to process personal data received prior to the withdrawal of consent, or its right to continue partial processing by virtue of legal bases other than consent.
If, despite our commitment and our efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data protection rights have been violated, we first of all invite you to contact S.S.I. to try to resolve any issue. You always have the right to file a complaint directly with the relevant supervisory authority or take legal action in a competent court (in the country where you live, in the country where you work or in the country where you believe the law on personal data protection has been violated).
Contact us to exercise your rights.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHEN YOU VISIT THE S.S.I. WEBSITE?
In addition to the information previously provided, the following sections describe how S.S.I. uses the personal data of users who visit your website.
What personal data do we collect?
S.S.I. collects information from its websites in two ways:
- directly (for example, when you provide personal information to subscribe to a newsletter or register on a forum)
- indirectly (for example, through the technology of our website) .
We can collect and process the following personal data:
- Information provided by filling in the forms on our site. This includes registering for use of the site, subscription to services, newsletters and notices, recording a conference or requesting a white paper or more information.
- Pages that collect this type of personal data can provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. You decide whether to provide the data or not.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of this correspondence.
We may ask you to complete surveys that we will use for research purposes, but you are not obliged to answer.
- Every post, comment or other content that is uploaded or published on a S.S.I .. website
- Our website collects information about your computer, including (where available) the IP address, operating system and browser type, which are used to manage the system, to filter traffic, to search for user domains and for provide a report on the statistics.
- The details of your visits to our site, the pages viewed and the resources you have access to or that you download, including, inter alia, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data. For more information see the section on cookies
Do we include (links to) websites and third-party programs?
- Our websites may include:
- Links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Some third-party programs (widgets and applications). In this case, note that these third parties may process personal data collected through similar programs for their own purposes.
How are the information we collect from our sites used?
S.S.I. uses personal data for the purposes described in the previous section and to provide the information requested by you, process applications online and for other purposes that we will describe when these data are collected. For example:
- To meet your requests for white papers, articles, newsletters or other content.
- For surveys or research questionnaires.
- To personalize your experience on our site.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, where you have given your consent.
We analyze the information relating to the IP address and the browser to determine what of our site produces the greatest effect and to identify ways to make it even better and more efficient. See the section on underlying cookies for more information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING AIMS?
In addition to the information previously provided, the following sections describe how S.S.I. uses users’ personal data for marketing purposes.
What are the sources of marketing data?
Most personal data that S.S.I. collects and uses for marketing purposes refers to individual employees of our customers and other companies with whom a business relationship exists. We can also obtain contact information from public sources, including content disclosed on social media sites, to establish a first contact with a particular person at a client or another company.
Do we send targeted emails?
S.S.I. sends commercial e-mails to individuals at our customers or other companies with whom we intend to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws. Targeted e-mails typically include web beacons, cookies and similar technologies that allow us to know if the user opens, reads or deletes the message and which links it opens. When the user clicks on a link in a marketing email received from S.S.I., we will use a cookie to record the pages that are displayed and the content downloaded from our sites, even if the user is not registered on our site.
The targeted e-mails of S.S.I. may include additional information on data privacy, as required by applicable laws.
Do we manage a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database?
Like most companies, also S.S.I. uses CRM (Customer Relationship Management) technology to manage and monitor their marketing initiatives. Our CRM databases include personal data belonging to subjects of our clients and other companies with which they are already in place or we intend to develop business relationships. The personal data used for these purposes include useful commercial information, such as contact details, information available to the public (for example: membership of a board of directors, published articles, press releases, public posts on social media, if relevant for purposes commercial), responses to targeted e-mails (including the web activity that follows the links in our e-mails), activities by registered users on our website and other commercial information included by SSI professionals based on their personal interactions with users. If you wish to be excluded from our CRM databases, contact us.
Do we combine and analyze personal data?
S.S.I. may combine data from publicly available sources and our emails, website and personal user interactions (this includes information collected through the selection section of our site and information collected when users register or log in) in our site using the credentials of social platforms (such as Monster, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.). This data is associated to better understand your experience with SSI and to perform the other activities described in this privacy statement.
S.S.I. do you share personal data with third parties?
S.S.I. does not share your personal information with marketing agencies.
What are your rights regarding marketing communications?
You can apply the right to prevent the forwarding of marketing communications by selecting some boxes on the forms that S.S.I. uses to collect your personal data or using the opt-out mechanisms reported in the e-mails we send you. You can also exercise the right to stop receiving marketing communications or request that your personal data be deleted from the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) databases of S.S.I. at any time by contacting us. In these cases, S.S.I. will keep the minimum personal data necessary to register your waiver and avoid contacting you again.