This Cookies Policy is intended to inform users about the procedures followed for the collection, via cookies and / or other monitoring technologies, of the information provided when they visit the website www.ssigroup.it (hereinafter referred to as the “Site “).
The owner of the processing of personal data collected through the Site is Sistemi e Servizi Innovativi S.r.l. (hereinafter referred to as “S.S.I.“), which will treat them in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation on privacy and protection of personal data.
Below is a general description of how Sistemi e Servizi Innovativi S.r.l. manages cookies by providing specific information on the following topics:
- Definition and types of managed cookies
- Management of cookies through browser settings
Definition and types of cookies managed
Definition of Cookies
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to the device used (eg computer, tablet, smartphone, notebook, etc.), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit to the same user. Cookies may be subject to the prior consent.
The cookie allows to identify the device in which it is stored for all its validity or registration period. During visits to the Site, information relating to navigation data received from the user’s device could be stored in “cookies” installed on that device.
Cookies perform various functions and allow you to navigate the site efficiently, remembering your preferences and improving your browsing experience. They can also help personalize the ads shown during browsing and the marketing activities directed at them, ensuring that they are made in a way that is consistent with their interests and preferences.
You can change your cookie settings at any time. Below is more information about the cookies used by the Site and how to manage the settings relating to them.
Types of cookies used
When connecting to the Website through the browser, cookies may be installed on the user’s device in order to recognize the device used, to guarantee the use of the Website for the duration of the cookie validity period and to collect information on access to the Website.
While browsing the Site, the user can also receive on his terminal cookies that are sent from different websites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which certain elements may reside (eg: images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site that the same is visiting. Therefore, there may be in this respect:
- First-party cookies, sent directly by S.S.I. to the user’s device.
- Third-party cookies, coming from a third party but sent on behalf of S.S.I.
Depending on the purpose of using cookies, they can be distinguished in:
Technical Cookies: their use is strictly limited to the transmission of session identification data (random numbers generated by the server), necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the Site; they are not stored permanently on the user’s computer and disappear when the browser is closed. The use of these cookies is aimed at the security and improvement of the service offered. In particular S.S.I. use the following Technical Cookies.
- Cookie Analytics: S.S.I. uses analytics cookies in order to analyze the number of users and how the site is used, information that is collected in aggregate form. In particular S.S.I. use the following Cookie Analytics.
- Profiling Cookies: profiling cookies are aimed at creating user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user in the context of web browsing or to improve the browsing experience. These cookies can be used for these purposes only with the user’s consent. In particular S.S.I. also uses the Pixel of Facebook, a cookie used for retargeting, and which allows you to display, for example on social networks or when the user performs a search on search engines, advertisements consistent with the pages visited in previously and with navigation on the Site. This technology allows SSI to send the user only themed ads with their tastes rather than standard advertisements.
- Social Plugin: the Site contains social network plug-ins (for example Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc.). By accessing a page on the site equipped with a similar plug-in, the Internet browser connects directly to the social network’s servers and the plug-in is displayed on the screen thanks to the connection with the browser. Even if the user is not registered to social networks, websites with active social plugins can send data to the networks. Through an active plugin, a cookie with an encoding will be set each time the site is accessed. Since the user’s browser at each connection with a server of a network sends this cookie without request, the network could create a profile that recalls the websites that the user has visited. In this case, it is possible to refer the encoding to a person, for example when the user will connect to the social network.
Cookie’s management through the browser
Almost all Internet browsers allow you to check which cookies are present on your hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning every time a cookie is installed. In some cases, however, failure to install a cookie may make it impossible to use certain parts of the Site.
If you are using a mobile device, please refer to its instruction manual to find out how to manage cookies. The cookies of Facebook and other social networks can be refused according to the procedure indicated by the suppliers. Therefore, the use of the Site without refusing these cookies implies the user’s consent to the processing of their data by Facebook and other social networks, limited to the aforementioned methods and purposes.
If the user does not wish to associate the visit of the Website pages to his social account, he must log-off. Below are the methods offered by the main social networks to allow the user to disable social plugins:
For more information on the processing and use of data through social networks, as well as on privacy settings, it is advisable to check the privacy policies of the respective social networks or websites. Below are the links in question: